The Workshop Program
In a word: Science! Our curriculum is developed from 40 years of research with more than 3,000 couples. It’s grounded on what actually works in relationships that are happy and stable, not idealistic notions or anecdotal evidence of what marriage ought to be. The workshop has produced positive results for 94% of those who attended based on 2016 exit surveys.
This workshop is designed for ALL couples in a committed relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to foster further closeness, friendship, and trust. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide you with a greater understanding of your relationship and a road map for repair. No public discussion or disclosure is involved. All work is done as a couple and Gottman trained therapists are available to support one-on-one during exercises.
As a result of this workshop, you will learn how to:
At the workshop, you’ll learn how to: foster respect, affection, and closeness; build and share a deeper connection with each other; keep conflict discussions calm, break through and resolve conflict gridlock; and strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship.
Workshop topics include:
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage
- Identify your relationship’s specific strengths and how to build on them
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the 6 skills for effective conflict resolutions
- Find out how you can make your dreams and aspirations come true for you, your partner, and your relationship