Art & Science of Love
The Art and Science of Love
The Ultimate Retreat For Couples – The world-renowed The Art and Science of Love Weekend Workshop for couples
A RESEARCH-BASED APPROACH TO STRENGTHENING RELATIONSHIPS
- 2 days filled with engaging presentations and experiential activities designed to confirm, strengthen, or restore your love
- For couples of every age, ability, and sexual orientation
- Shown to achieve results similar to those of 6 months of marital therapy
- Has produced positive results for 94% of those who attended
In a word: Science!
Our curriculum is developed from 40 years of research with more than 3,000 couples. It’s grounded on what actually works in relationships that are happy and stable, not idealistic notions or anecdotal evidence of what marriage ought to be. The workshop has produced positive results for 94% of those who attended based on 2016 exit surveys.
This workshop is designed for ALL couples in committed relationships. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to foster further closeness, friendship, and trust. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide you with a greater understanding of your relationship and a road map for repair. No public discussion or disclosure is involved. All work is done as a couple and me to support one-on-one during exercises.
As a result of this workshop, you will learn how to
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage
- Identify your relationship’s specific strengths and how to build on them
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the 6 skills for effective conflict resolutions
- Find out how you can make your dreams and aspirations come true for you, your partner, and your relationship
In addition to a greater understanding of how to build friendship, manage conflict, and create shared meaning in your relationship, you will receive a box set that contains:
- 7 Card Decks
- Love Map
- Open-Ended Questions
- Rituals of Connection
- Salsa (Mild, Medium, Hot)
- 2 Couples Workbooks
- Repair Checklist
- The aftermath of a Fight Booklet
- Sound Relationship House Magnet
Dr. John Gottman is world renowned for his work on marital stability and divorce prediction, involving the study of emotions, physiology, and communication. He has conducted nearly 40 years of research with over 3,000 couples. He was voted as one of the top 10 most influential therapists of the past quarter-century by the Psychotherapy Networker publication. His breakthrough research on marriage and relationships has earned him numerous major awards.
Dr. Julie Gottman is a highly respected licensed clinical psychologist and the President and Co-Founder of The Gottman Institute. She is sought internationally by media and organizations as an expert advisor on marriage, sexual abuse and rape, domestic violence, trauma, gay and lesbian adoption, same-sex marriage, and parenting issues. She was also voted WA State Psychologist of the Year.