Gottman Method Level 1
This is the first step in learning Gottman Method Couples Therapy. A truly inspiring workshop, Level 1 Training, will give you new insights into treatment for couples who struggle, using research-based assessments and effective interventions.
Who Should Attend?
- Mental health professionals
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy to help couples strengthen
- The Friendship System – the foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- The Conflict System – the basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems and understand and manage irresolvable differences.
- The Shared Meaning System – the existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together.
What Will You Learn?
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills to empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values
- Methods to help couples process fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for partners to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
- New assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples’ struggles
- Click here to read the full workshop outline.
- What is included in the price?
Included in the registration price is a digital clinical training manual, which contains the core Gottman Method Couples Therapy assessments and interventions. You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from The Gottman Institute.
- 352-page PDF manual with the content, assessments, interventions, and references discussed in training videos
- 63-page PDF of lecture slides
- 11 hours of video from a recent live workshop conducted by Drs. John and Julie Gottman
- Online quiz and downloadable certificate for 11 Self-Study CE hours awarded by PESI
- Certificate of Completion from The Gottman Institute
Continuing Education – Purchased Separately
While your registration includes 11 self-study CE hours, many licensing boards require live CE hours. You can purchase 11 Live CE hours through R.Cassidy here.
Physical Training Manual
Your registration includes a digital manual. If you would like a physical training manual to supplement your learning, you can purchase it here.
If your cancellation occurs after your registration the training will be converted to a credit, good for a full year, that can be applied to future workshops.
Inclement Weather Policy
Events will be canceled due to inclement weather ONLY if the Venue where the event is being hosted is closed, if there is a government-ordered travel ban, or if the presenters are prohibited by weather to travel to the venue. If the event is canceled due to inclement weather, you may request a full refund, or request your registration fee to be applied to a rescheduled date of your choosing in the next 12-month period. Any travel expenses that may have been incurred cannot be refunded. If the event is held, but weather conditions or other factors prohibit your safe travel so you are unable to attend, your registration fee will be applied to another training of your choice in the next 12-month period.
For any additional questions, please email me at email@example.com