Gottman Method Level 2
Deepen your understanding of the Gottman Method Couples Therapy and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples. Practice using Gottman Method interventions in group role-plays while receiving personal, supportive coaching from trainers.
Who Should Attend?
- Mental health professionals
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
- View new demonstration films from John and Julie Gottman’s clinical office
- Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method assessment and intervention techniques
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated
- Gain confidence in using the techniques
What Will You Learn?
- Assess a couple’s Friendship Profile, Conflict Profile, and Shared Meaning Profile
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the Four Horsemen
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the Attack/Defend System in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their gridlocked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their Friendship System with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Method assessments and interventions
- Click here to read the full workshop outline.
What is included in the price?
- PDF download of Level 2 Clinical Training Manual
- On-Demand Drs. John & Julie Schwartz-Gottman’s Level 2 training recently presented to keep and view in your online account on The Gottman Institutes website.
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 2 Training Certificate of Completion
- Up to 20 CE Hours
- Eligibility to continue to Level 3 Training
While your registration includes 20 self-study CE hours, many licensing boards require live CE hours. You can purchase 20 Live CE hours through R.Cassidy here.
Physical Training Manual – Purchased Separately:
Your registration includes a digital manual. If you would like a physical training manual to supplement your learning, you can purchase here.
Transfer/Cancellation Policy: If your cancellation occurs after your registration the training will be converted to a credit, good for a full year, that can be applied to future workshops.
Inclement Weather Policy: Events will be cancelled due to inclement weather ONLY if the Venue where the event is being hosted is closed, if there is a government ordered travel ban, or if the presenters are prohibited by weather to travel to the venue. If the event is cancelled due to inclement weather, you may request a full refund, or request your registration fee to be applied to a rescheduled date of your choosing in the next 12-month period. Any travel expenses that may have been incurred cannot be refunded. If the event is held, but weather conditions or other factors prohibit your safe travel so you are unable to attend, your registration fee will be applied to another training of your choosing in the next 12-month period.
Questions: For any additional questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.